Monday, April 26, 2010

Last Day of Class

We began class with an activity to discuss an educationally issue involving Janet, a teacher wanted to use the Apple ITouch in her classroom. To do this she needed to talk to her principle and the PTA president to get the funding. We were to role play each of those people. Some groups videoed their discussion and my group was one that was going to use Science Sim to chat about it. We had several technical difficulties. Sara and Morgan were able to get started chatting but they were the only two of our class that did. This is something that as a future teacher I need to be prepared for. Technology is very effective but is not always sure. I liked the idea of using the flip video camera in the classroom. They are simple, relatively affordable, and not bulky.

Today was our last day of class and I feel like this has helped give me ideas of ways to utilize some of the technology available. I don't know if I will use extremely involved technology like Science Sim in my elementary classroom, not because the kids couldn't work it, because they easily could. I would choose not to because I feel like with time demands on teachers I would not be able to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment